SWS, the leading course provider in Health and Safety function Pakistan and the Middle East, conducts IRCA, UK approved and internationally recognized regular Lead Auditor Programmes for ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
The International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) is the world’s original and largest international auditor certification body
Aim of this Course:
To equip students with both technical and practical knowledge which are required to perform audits of environmental management systems as per ISO 14001 requirements.
This course will cover
- Environmental Issues
- Environmental Management Systems overview.
- What to look for in Policy and Planning.
- What to look for in Implementation and Operation.
- What to look for in Checking and Corrective Action.
- European and national env. legislation.
- Audit management and techniques.
- Accreditation issues (ISO 17021, IAF MD 1)
- Auditor competence (ISO 19011, IRCA).
- Practical Exercises and workshops.
On successfully completing the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the ISO 14001:2015 standard.
- Understand key environmental issues.
- Plan an audit against a set of audit criteria
- Successfully execute and environmental management systems audit
- Understand the differences between QMS and EMS audits
- Create clear, concise and relevant audit reports
- Communicate your report to a client
This 5 day course uses a mixture of taught sessions, discussions and practical exercises to achieve its aims. The practical exercises are based upon a fictional company. However, the procedures, work instructions and data are typical and could relate to many different enterprises equally. The practical exercises have been carefully designed to focus upon issues that commonly arise during EMS audits.
- Completion of secondary education.
- An understanding of report writing is desirable.
- A prior knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001 would be beneficial.
- There is a two-hour examination for this course. Electronic devices, including laptops and mobile phones, are not permitted into the examination room.
- Delegates will also be assessed on the basis of their progress throughout the exercises.
- Delegates who successfully complete both the examination and the continuous assessment will be awarded a certificate of Successful Completion and will satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA EMS Auditor Certification scheme.