The course is designed to assess and verify knowledge and competence in the practical application of occupational health and safety. On completion of the course, delegates will be able to develop, implement and promote a health and safety policy, develop individual and organisational competence in health and safety, identify, assess and control health and safety risks, and develop and implement monitoring systems as well as response systems.
The course consists of ten units:
- Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Identify, assess and control health and safety risks
- Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
- Develop and implement the health and safety policy.
The qualification is workplace-based and flexible with no formal examination. Candidates will be assigned an assessor who will follow them throughout their NVQ and assess practical skill and application of knowledge using observation and discussion.
Learning with the British Safety Council will enable delegates to benefit from our extensive experience in health, safety and environmental management, acquired over the last 60 years.