IADC’s Rig Pass program is an accreditation system delivering a standardized safety orientation program for new employees, preparing the employees for almost any operating environment, at almost any site, onshore or offshore.
The IADC Rig Pass accreditation system is designed to meet two requirements:
- To identify core elements of safety orientation programs for new rig employees
- To provide a means of recognizing programs that adheres to those elements
Completion of an IADC Rig Pass confirms that personnel have met basic requirements defined by safety and training professionals in the drilling industry, irrespective of the rig’s location.
Who Should Attend
Any person who is directly or indirectly associated with the Onshore and Offshore Industry can do this course.
- Introduction – training objectives; class rules.
- General Safety – attitude principles, alcohol & drug policies, weapons & firearms policy,
personal conduct, housekeeping, chain of command/communications, accident/incident reporting, driving safety
- PPE – head, face & eye, foot, hand, hearing, fall (slips, trips & fall protection ),
respiratory protection, PFD, miscellaneous, display & demo of PPE.
- Hazard Communication, Hazardous Materials Transportation, Waste Disposal &
Minimization, Environmental Compliance, HAZWOPER.
- Occupational Health – Employee responsibilities, specific health hazards (H2S, NORM,
benzene & toluene, sand, asbestos, acids & bases).
- Specialized Work Procedures – general (Lockout/Tagout, confined space entry, hot work,
- Fire Safety – prevention, responsibilities.
- Material handling – mechanical equipment
- First Aid Treatment
- Rig/Platform environment.
- Emergency response.
- Offshore safety awareness
- Water Survival
- Marine Trash & Debris
- Test, Completion Card Issuance.